Radioactive Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backstory for WW3?

+2
Feliciano Vargas
Ludwig
6 posters

Go down

Backstory for WW3? Empty Backstory for WW3?

Post  Ludwig Sun May 09, 2010 12:43 pm

I know there aren't a lot of us here yet, but this seemed like a good hook for plots, so I wanted to bring it up early. Very Happy

The main question I'm getting at is, what happened to start World War 3 and what were the different sides in the war?

Since this game is in the style of Hetalia with added Fallout instead of the other way around (please correct me if I'm wrong!), we all have the leeway to establish these things however we'd like. In Fallout canon, WW3 was started over the scarcity of resources - but that wouldn't necessarily apply to Hetalia (or IRL either) since the Fallout setting had a reason for resources being so scarce (namely, that the technology developed so differently that it guzzled oil and nuclear power).

So please use this post with any ideas you might have, or whatever alliances you would like to have happened before the bombs fell!

All I've established for Germany so far is that they didn't have nukes, due to nuclear sharing being taken out of effect (that link explains what it is pretty well). I can always change that if it would make for more interesting relations, though!
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Backstory for WW3? Empty Re: Backstory for WW3?

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sun May 09, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm not sure what they could have been fighting over, we will have to wait for more people to come ! Italy was sure as to not have neuclear bombs, because well.. It's Italy lol. I want Italy to be searching for Germany, being that he talked/did somehing with him before the war started.
I can always ask Russia if he would like to be one of the bad guys in his. Not a complete bad guy however, just one of the few who let's the first bombs fall.

:3
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

http://radioactivememories.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 pm

That sounds good! It makes sense for Italy and Germany to have been allies during WW3 if you'd like, or at least still having pretty good relations. By now, Germany... probably thinks Italy is dead or at best still deep underground somewhere. Sad

I'm interested in seeing what other players suggest, too! Right now all I can really think of is a) going with the scarcity of resources idea anyway, b) using an IRL basis and saying it was tensions with the Middle East, c) just everyone squabbling with each other for a bunch of reasons, or d) some other unrelated thing.
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sun May 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Ah yes, we can have it that we were friends/allies and got separated before the war, and now Italy is out to fond you and others!

I think then just squabbling is a good idea, and that someone decoded to fire the first ok'd, and since everyone else had one, they all started at it too!
And other things can be surrounding it as well :3
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

http://radioactivememories.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toris Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 am

Perhaps the same reason the previous World Wars happened? Some country became a little too violent and ambitious. Or maybe an AU where the Cold War did go nuclear and then the other countries tried to step in only to make it worse?

Tensions in the Middle East is a good one, as is something unrelated like, say, Country A thinking that Country B tried to attack, but Country B did not.

-

Lithuania had no nukes and tried to remain neutral throughout WW3 (though I'm willing to say it was occupied by another country like Germany or Russia)
Toris
Toris

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm

I wouldn't mind Germany having invaded Lithuania... possibly to take it from Russia? ... Though Germany would've had to get around Poland first, hrm.
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toris Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 pm

That would make for some interesting dynamics. I suppose we'd need to wait to hear from Russia and Poland (since I think someone reserved Poland).
Toris
Toris

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Yes, absolutely! Hopefully that reserve will go through...
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toris Thu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Oh, and working on the assumption that Germany did occupy Lithuania, what would you say Ludwig's attitude towards Toris? Did they get along, all things considered, or was there mistreatment? I'm fine either way, but I thought it'd be good to know how they'd act around each other and what terms they'd be on.
Toris
Toris

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig Thu May 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Hmmm~ Germany would've treated him well enough, as long as there wasn't insubordination. He wouldn't expect Lithuania to do anything but sit there and be quiet, really.
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toris Thu May 20, 2010 7:36 pm

And perhaps clean up after Italy. XD

I can't imagine Toris doing anything to upset Ludwig, so they'd probably be at least respectful to each other, if not friendly (well, as friendly as Ludwig gets).
Toris
Toris

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig Fri May 21, 2010 6:43 am

Cleaning anything = A+ in Ludwig's book!
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Backstory for WW3? Empty Norway?

Post  Nils Larssen Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

{I'm still working on my application, but it's a bit hard to fill out without certain details}

This may not be entirely relevant, but I would like to point out that the Scandivian nations (Nordics) are generally very peaceful and stable, and as such are unlikely to start any sort of conflict.

However, a country like Norway can only rely on oil money and seafood for so long. So while I am not saying that any of these Nordic countries would have directly started anything, there is always a possibility that some under-the-table dealing may have occured in order to keep them afloat. Should I ever get this wicked application done and accepted, Norway would certainly have made some dealings with a country like Russia. (Sorry Russia, you're just so....so..........)

With a troubled economy and no stable imports or exports, Norway would have been abandoned and desolated, an icy wasteland. As such, I propose that Norway be dormant for the time being.
Nils Larssen
Nils Larssen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathias Torbjørn Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Nils Larssen wrote:{I'm still working on my application, but it's a bit hard to fill out without certain details}

This may not be entirely relevant, but I would like to point out that the Scandivian nations (Nordics) are generally very peaceful and stable, and as such are unlikely to start any sort of conflict.

However, a country like Norway can only rely on oil money and seafood for so long. So while I am not saying that any of these Nordic countries would have directly started anything, there is always a possibility that some under-the-table dealing may have occured in order to keep them afloat. Should I ever get this wicked application done and accepted, Norway would certainly have made some dealings with a country like Russia.

Pretty much, this, especially with Norway and Iceland. Iceland already has a weak economy and relies heavily on their exports, which are mainly in marine equipment, so something like a seafood shortage would definitely be a big issue. If no one is fishing anymore, they don't need the equipment. Denmark, Sweden, and Finland would have had a bit more back up from the European Union, but if there was, say, a huge dissolution of the EU, that would have a huge impact on their economies. I can see all five of them being entirely neutral, but definitely getting involved in some shady dealings to try and keep everything together.

Also, unrelated, but I'm so excited that we have somebody apping to be Norway! /o/
Mathias Torbjørn
Mathias Torbjørn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nils Larssen Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Mathias Torbjørn wrote:
Nils Larssen wrote:{I'm still working on my application, but it's a bit hard to fill out without certain details}

However, a country like Norway can only rely on oil money and seafood for so long. So while I am not saying that any of these Nordic countries would have directly started anything, there is always a possibility that some under-the-table dealing may have occured in order to keep them afloat. Should I ever get this wicked application done and accepted, Norway would certainly have made some dealings with a country like Russia.

Pretty much, this, especially with Norway and Iceland. Iceland already has a weak economy and relies heavily on their exports, which are mainly in marine equipment, so something like a seafood shortage would definitely be a big issue. If no one is fishing anymore, they don't need the equipment. Denmark, Sweden, and Finland would have had a bit more back up from the European Union, but if there was, say, a huge dissolution of the EU, that would have a huge impact on their economies. I can see all five of them being entirely neutral, but definitely getting involved in some shady dealings to try and keep everything together.

Also, unrelated, but I'm so excited that we have somebody apping to be Norway! /o/

Totally. I think Norway...denied the EU? I think I recall reading this somewhere. In anycase...*suddenly wants an Iceland*
I had this thought:
So if Russia is expanding, where does it stop? I doubt Finland could defend itself, but who's to say? Depending on how Russia goes, the entirety of Scandenavia could be taken. I'm not sure what I think of that.
Nils Larssen
Nils Larssen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jan van Dijk Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 am

I barely got anything to add to the discussion really, all I can say for sure it that NL most likely didn't take a part in this war, we've always been the type to at least try and remain neutral. We're in pretty much the same boat as Germany as well when it comes to America.

On the war itself, wouldn't it seem very likely if it was a fight over more power in whatever way. I do see Russia and China starting it with Russia wanting to expand itself while for China it might have been that their economy got stable during all that time, but seems the westerns were still there with their companies and all they would have made it difficult for China to profit from all this, even make it so that it would all go bad again. Thus after many years of building frustration it could have been a desperate act to free himself, to safe his country and get a strong economy again to rival whatever country was left.
Jan van Dijk
Jan van Dijk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum