Radioactive Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting FAQ

5 posters

Go down

Setting FAQ Empty Setting FAQ

Post  Ludwig Mon May 24, 2010 11:24 pm

☣ Setting FAQ ☣

Looking for more detail on Fallout? Try the Fallout Wiki for the games first! Questions specifically for this forum's setting need to be asked here.

Q: Can I join if I don't know much about Fallout?
A: Of course you can! This game is basically just post-apocalyptic, which won't require any special knowledge. The monsters in the Wasteland will be the most similar to Fallout; you can find information on those creatures in the Fallout wiki linked above, or check out this post about them here.

Q: Will we be following the Fallout storyline?
A: No. Instead of that, we're taking Hetalia and adding Fallout elements to the post-apocalyptic world. That means that the technology and plot will be different, but the creatures, plants, some types of food, and the general living conditions are all as they are in the Fallout games. If in doubt, feel free to ask us. Smile

Q: Why is the technology different? I want nuclear-powered robots!
A: This is because Fallout canon diverges from the real world in terms of how technology involved. Instead of focusing on miniaturization, Fallout focused on nuclear power and creating that crazy 50s sci-fi tech. Sorry, you can probably have one or two robots, but they won't be everywhere.

Q: Do the same locations and factions that exist in the Fallout series also exist here?
A: Only if the players want them to! Since the Fallout games took place primarily within America, whether or not the DC Wasteland, New Vegas, and other locations exist will be up to our America player. However, if there's a forum subsection for it, then it does exist.

You can find information on the various factions created for this game within the Information section of the forum. The factions are mod-established, but all other nations are also welcome to make up towns and smaller factions (though the largest cities are already established, and each have their own forum section).

Last edited by Ludwig on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Setting FAQ Empty Re: Setting FAQ

Post  Toris Tue May 25, 2010 7:48 am

Will there be fast travel? As in you could 'teleport' from city to city, or would you need to make a post about your journey through the Wastelands?
Toris
Toris

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Thu May 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Im startung to think that we should allow fast travel. Since some would live in north america right? Welli think you should only be allowed to fast travel of you had already been to he płace you are trying to go ^^
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

http://radioactivememories.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jan van Dijk Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 pm

wow, I actually don't really know where to go with this question, so I figured this would most likely be the best place. Alright, here goes;

When making a topic, is it open to people by default unless stated otherwise, and can we just randomly open a topic?
Jan van Dijk
Jan van Dijk

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:14 pm

*clears throat*

I personally, put ( someone x someone ) if I dont want anyone to come in and rp in the certain thread. I dont usually put open, cuz it usually is in my threads, unless stated otherwise. If you really want someone unexpected come to the thread, then you can by all means put ( OPEN! )

8D
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jan van Dijk Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Oh, alright, I see :3 different places, different way of handling.
Now I forgot to ask another thing tho, so I bug you again, sorry :'D

Does it matter where I make a thread, as long as it's in a reasonable area?
Jan van Dijk
Jan van Dijk

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Err, not really! go ahead and make one wherever you want!
Except for America 8D
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderich Edelstein Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 am

I've read up about currencies on the Fallout Wikia (bottle caps and soda can tabs = genius), but the question remains: does Europe have a set currency, or is it still under a predominately bartering system?
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum